Do you fancy a warm sweet snack? Today we bring you Cinnamon and Peanut Butter Rolls hot as hell! Most of you know tho world famous Cinnamon Rolls, but we wanted to twist the roll and add something that we love sooo much, Peanut Butter.
·Ingredients: (Yield 16 rolls)
8g Fresh Yeast (2-3g Dry Yeast)
2g Salt (just a pinch!)
3g Cinnamon Powder
40g Peanut Butter
- Firts of all warm up the milk, then pour it into a bowl with butter and yeast, mix it all.
- In another bowl, put the 80% of the flour and pour in the liquid mix. Mix it and then keep adding the rest of the flour.
- Once it’s all added, it’s time to kneed, use the table. Sprinkle some flour to avoid sticking. Kneed for around 10 minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Place the dough forming a perfect ball into a bowl, cover it and let it ferment for 40 minutes or 1 h (or until the volume doubled).
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter with the cinnamon, the sugar and the salt and set it apart.
- Then, for some decoration, we’re going to caramelize some peanuts, you can chose something different, just use your imagination! In a pan, place 35g of sugar, a heat it until it starts to melt and take brown colour, then add some salty toasted peanuts and 10g of butter, mix it all together and place it into a baking paper, let it dry and then crush it, set it apart.
- Once the dough is already fermented. Roll it in a “rectangle” form. The thickness should be less than 1 cm.
- Spread the peanut butter mix in one part of the dough, sprinkle some peanuts, all around, after close it like a simple fold of puff pastry, like closing a book.
- Warm up oven for 45-50ºC for a second fermentation (DONT PUT IT YET!)
- Roll a little bit more and cut around 1 cm thick shreds of the dough.
- Roll into itself forming a roll and place it into a buttered baking tray.
- Ferment the rolls around 30 minutes. (2nd fermentation) You can bake it all together forming kind of a cake or bake it seperately for individual portions.
- Once fermented, heat the oven to 200ºC. Sprinkle above the crushed peanuts and bake it for around 10-12 minutes.
- Serve it warm.